Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Strolling for a Sunrise on the Seashore

I adore the seashore, everything about it in fact.  The shells, sea foam, seagulls, sunsets and most especially the sunrises. I should mention that I do love aspects of the beach that don't start with the letter s, but hey, I was on a roll.  Anyway, it gives me great serenity to stroll the shore for seashells as the sun peaks up over the horizon (hmmm, now I can't get "she sells seashells by the seashore" out of my head).  I love the shells. I really do. They are like the jewelry of the sea and what girl doesn't want a little new jewelry? I speak the truth, people.


On a recent trip to Tybee Island, GA which by the way is one of my favorite places on the planet, I was determined to sooth my soul with a seaside sunrise (again brought to you by the letter s).  I set my clock so that I would have plenty of time to "rise & shine" and be in place with my toes firmly planted in the sand awaiting my chance to capture the sun in all it's glory with my beloved Nikon D5000. It was all perfectly planned, so you can imagine my dismay as an early morning beachcomber deemed herself the sunrise police and shouted, "no sunrise today" as I eagerly crossed the boardwalk to the beach.  Who was this lady and why was she dashing all my hopes so early in the morning?  Maybe I wanted to take pictures of...oh, I don't know, gloom & doom beach goers such as herself.  Needless to say, I was genuinely disappointed at her news, however I decided to prove her wrong and see what glories the Lord would reveal to me that morning.

I am so glad I didn't turn and run at the sound of the Tybee town crier.  She was right, the soft glow of the morning sun wasn't present, but my morning stroll was still full of beauty for me to behold.

So go ahead...behold.  You have my permission. ❤




2 comments:

Jen said...

Great shots!

Melissa said...

Your pictures are just beautiful! We love hearing how much visitors love our island...don't be a stranger!

Melissa S. with Mermaid Cottages
www.mermaidcottages.com